Friday, May 11, 2012

Baby Bird

If you look closely you can see a nest among the roses, and in that nest are four baby robins.  They hatched today.  Who can know, but I imagine this is the same family of robbins that nested in the spruce tree next to the porch last spring, and lost their entire brood when the nest fell from the branches.  I watch this nest nervously, because it has a serious list.  The tilt means I can sit on the couch in the living room and look into the nest and the gaping baby mouths...but I wish the babies were safer.

Today my friend is delivering her baby boy.  Her beloved baby girl died about 5 months ago.  I am breathless, seeing this hope: life is good, life is joyful, life is worth trying again.  The birds know it, my friends know it, and I try to know it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment